~ Contemplation Over the Night Sky


Like the moon borrows its light from the sun
To shine bright at night in front of everyone


And at times in the sky it hides,
Away from everything, affecting the tides.
And it is dark...
But the stars in the night sky,
Small and distant.
Always around, aligned, pleasant.
They shine on their own,
Mountain to a stone.
Little spark.
I gaze at the night canopy,
Wondering who i can be...
The sun?
The moon?
I'd rather be the star, small and distant.
But lights on its own.


- via Karina Jamandri

I came across this poem and loved it. Poet's analogy of a star with respect to life appeals me to a great extent. However, I am tempted to share that I have liked moon and why I have, for this I am going to share what I had written about it once, staring at it one serene night:

 
"Moon has scars 
But its light outshines them. 
Stars have light and the fanciness in the way they shine
Their cuts, their fragility..
 But moon outshines them.
Even though a simple round ball like.
Just like moon's light outshines the scars
Virtue outshines evil. 
Good in a soul must dominate the otherwise
And enlightenment is beauty"   

~ Iqra

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~ Thoughts on Heart and Mind

An Ode to the Past Years