Vitamin Sea - Sri Lanka



What a journey, I must say.

This May marks a year since I traveled to Sri Lanka for a few days.



Water – this is what comes to my mind first, when I think about Sri Lanka. I flew over the gulf and then the destination itself was a beautiful Island. The local transport I had taken to get to the airport was also playing Surah Rehman which talks about Oceans, Skies and all the blessings of Allah, the Almighty, and says:

“Which of the blessings of your Lord will ye deny”


I kept listening to it during my flight too. Alhamdulillah, how great is the Creator. 

I have wanted to write about my experience but I keep on trying to find words to translate my feelings. I fail. So I have decided that I will post a poem and some shots I have from the beautiful country and equally beautiful people. 

 I didn’t know this world and its people are such a beauty and diversity. Youth from around the world was gathering here. There were people from countries I had not even heard of. 

Landing in Colombo, I was welcomed with the National Flower of Sri Lanka, then, taken to the Hotel. As I put my luggage and opened the glass door of the balcony, this was this huge, endless ocean. The splashing and gushing thunders of enraged currents of water and the whooing of wind seemed to take me with them far and beyond.The Sky and the Sea seemed to merge into each other.

My balcony
Balcony


Balcony


Here's a poem I wrote and have shared with WCY friends already and today again :-)

Memories of...
The waves of energy and passion
That danced in a unique fashion
Equally..in the ocean and the souls
All the beautiful colours I saw
No matter how distant and far
It dwells in my mind and heart

Memories of...
The beauty of human existence
And the colours I saw
Of which you are one
No matter how distant and far,
I will remember.
All the best


~Iqra

I miss you all and feel very happy to know about you, wishing you all the best. The network of volunteers was so patient and supporting.
A few names that I must mention:

My special thank to Asad and Farooq for their immense kindness throughout the trip. I have always enjoyed being a judge to settle their little yet big disputes on small yet big matters. 


And Brandie for being such a nice room mate.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~ Contemplation Over the Night Sky

An Ode to the Past Years

~ Thoughts on Heart and Mind