On Nuclear and Weapons



I have never liked weapons and nuclear or nuclear weapons. Taking these names, for me, is like swallowing pointed cubes of hard ice. Imagine my state of mind when I found myself sitting in a seminar on the topic. I tried to step out of my shoes as a poet and made some attempts to understand the phenomenon. There were certain interesting aspects that made it to my observation.

A poet understands the world down to its delicate details; every fiber of humanity that suffers due to the nuclear, be it experiments, weapons, attacks etc and writes about them. He wants that nobody should suffer, too ideal a situation to wish for, I know. 

When the experts of nuclear security think, they think with a top to bottom approach. They think how to plan a program that saves the inhabitants from the potential threats. If one country has nuclear weapons, the other must have them for safety. And when there are combats, ‘casualties’ happen too. Those who write and paint their brushes and pens off about the sufferings of these ‘casualties’ are writers/artists because details matter to them. 

I thought Pakistan has survived because it is a nuclear power. This is how nations are doomed to give weapons the importance. And some countries are after natural resources like cats are after flesh. They would fight their claws off for them, hence, leaving no other option, but the acquisition of equal if not more weapons, for the rest. 

It ended up being a good experience.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wait and Hope

~ Thoughts on Heart and Mind

~ Contemplation Over the Night Sky